Re: DECstation Linux 2.2.1 with fbcon patches ...

To: Michael Engel <engel@math.uni-siegen.de>
Subject: Re: DECstation Linux 2.2.1 with fbcon patches ...
From: "Douglas S. Meade" <sartoris@info.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:16:22 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hi Michael,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this, but it's been
awhile since I used my LK501 and mouse, so had had to hunt them up.

I've been working my Maxine with a console, and booting off
SCSI drive sdb1, so I tried both:

boot 3/tftp/dec video=maxinefb:on root=/dev/sdb1
and
boot 3/tftp/dec video=pmagbafb:on root=/dev/sdb1

Both boots stop sending output to the monitor at "This Decstation is
a Personal DS5000/xx"

I don't know how much of this is relevant, but I'm using the video
on the baseboard (not the Turbochannel), the machine is KN02-CA v2.0m

Some of the relevant console settings are:
 #=3
 console=1
 osconsole=3,3

cnfg yields:

KNO2-CA   DEC      v2.0m    TCF0     (40 MB)
                                     (DV -- d=8 )
                                     (Sb: devs=2 )
                                     (FDI:1)
                                     (enet: 08-00-2b-2f-ce-f0)
                                     (SCSI=7)

I'll fiddle around with console settings til I hear from you.

Doug