Re: zs driver problems ...

To: K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com
Subject: Re: zs driver problems ...
From: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:01:28 +0200
Cc: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
I wrote:
> Well, I've just tried the folowing:
> Using a new kernel (fresh compile, CVS sources, r23k-patch, hz_patch,
> zs-patch), I used Richards script (sequential kernel compiles, 10 jobs
> parrallel), to get the system loaded from a telnet login, and then I
> logged in at the console (serial), and did ls -lsR / (to give the serial
> IO something to do). After a while, the system paniced.
>
> Tomorrow I'll try to do the same test with an older kernel, but this
> is a bug, maybe in the zs-patch, or in the previous kernel.

indeed, the system did also panic with the old kernel (without zs-patch).
So that is not the source of the problem. I've run the compile script
lots of times without using the serial console, and I had no problems.

There must be something related to the serial driver.

Regards,
Karel.

--
Karel van Houten