Re: MobilePro 7XX or 800?

To: incite <incite@geocities.com>
Subject: Re: MobilePro 7XX or 800?
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:12:33 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
In message <37614350.EBD541BF@geocities.com> incite writes:
: I am just curious,  this device is based on a 131mhz Vr4121 MIPS chip.
: It runs windows CE, I am just curious if this could possibly run the
: mips port of linux?

I don't think that anybody is working on Linux on the Vr4121 at the
moment.

There is a linuxce site (www.linuxce.org), but so far it is just
vaporware.

Some Japanese programmers have ported NetBSD to the Vr41xx class of
machines.  It boots to multi-user mode now, assuming that you have a
big enough CF or use NFSROOT.

You can find links to datasheets, netbsd, linuxce, etc and a fairly
complete table of all WinCE machines based on MIPS at
        http://www.freebsd.org/~imp/pdamips.

Warner