Re: Sharp HC-4100 MIPS

To: "Ron Guerin" <ron@madworx.com>
Subject: Re: Sharp HC-4100 MIPS
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:11:16 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
In message <000701beb409$adf0d720$4b5da7cd@ron> "Ron Guerin" writes:
: Anyone trying to port Linux/MIPS to hand-held PCs?  I have a Sharp HC-4100
: MIPS hand-held I have a strange urge to run Linux on. ;)

No.  No one is porting to the CPU that is in the sharp.  I think that
it is a R3912, made by toshiba.  The only real porting that I've seen
any real progress on is for the PR31700 so that Nino's and frends
work.  12MB may be a little small, however.

There is a linuxce site (www.linuxce.org), but so far it is just
vaporware.

Some Japanese programmers have ported NetBSD to the Vr41xx class of
machines.  It boots to multi-user mode now, assuming that you have a
big enough CF or use NFSROOT.

You can find links to datasheets, netbsd, linuxce, etc and a fairly
complete table of all WinCE machines based on MIPS at
        http://www.freebsd.org/~imp/pdamips.

Warner