RE: zs driver problems ...

To: Michael Engel <>
Subject: RE: zs driver problems ...
From: Harald Koerfgen <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:32:14 +0200 (MEST)
On 10-Jun-99 Michael Engel wrote:
> can anyone please tell me what exactly I have to do in zs.c in order to
> - correctly enable interrupts from port A

These will be enabled in startup() when you open the corresponding ttySx.

> - determine which zs chip the IRQ came from

Look at struct dec_serial *info = (struct dec_serial *) dev_id;

> - correctly initialize a port to a different baud rate

Normally you'd do this with an ioctrl().
> I tried to hack my way through zs.c but am somehow lost ... I get
> IRQ's from the keyboard or mouse, but it seems as if the status bit for
> the wrong channel is being set. Funny ...

Well, I'd call it funny hardware. The interrupt pending bits (RR3) are
only valid when read from Port A but show the interrupts pending for both

Yes, Michael, I know that zs.c isn't ready for Keyboard/Mouse handling and
is in badly need of an overhaul. Maybe you should have a look at

Hope this helps.