RE: zs driver problems ...

To: Michael Engel <engel@math.uni-siegen.de>
Subject: RE: zs driver problems ...
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:32:14 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
On 10-Jun-99 Michael Engel wrote:
> can anyone please tell me what exactly I have to do in zs.c in order to
> - correctly enable interrupts from port A

These will be enabled in startup() when you open the corresponding ttySx.

> - determine which zs chip the IRQ came from

Look at struct dec_serial *info = (struct dec_serial *) dev_id;

> - correctly initialize a port to a different baud rate

Normally you'd do this with an ioctrl().

> I tried to hack my way through zs.c but am somehow lost ... I get
> IRQ's from the keyboard or mouse, but it seems as if the status bit for
> the wrong channel is being set. Funny ...

Well, I'd call it funny hardware. The interrupt pending bits (RR3) are
only valid when read from Port A but show the interrupts pending for both
channels.

Yes, Michael, I know that zs.c isn't ready for Keyboard/Mouse handling and
is in badly need of an overhaul. Maybe you should have a look at
drivers/sbus/zs.c.

Hope this helps.
---
Regards,