Re: DS5000/25

To: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Subject: Re: DS5000/25
From: "Douglas S. Meade" <sartoris@info.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 21:00:27 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> Hello Doug,
>
> On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Douglas S. Meade wrote:
>
> Put on load and memory eating processes enable a swappartition and it
> happens in 10 minutes. Get ready for bug hunting.
>
> Think everybody on a R3k DECstation who has tried my little script I
> posted earlier (Subject: Stable R3k DECstation kernel?).

OK, now I tried it too.  I see.

Here's a question about compile flags.  I'd like to port a little program
called cftp, which is a very convenient ftp client for Linux.  I tried
to get it working with ./configure && make && make install, and it
compiles, but doesn't quite work right, asking me for passwords to
anonymous sites, even though they are in the .cftprc file.  Should
I add the "-mcpu=r3000 -mips1" flags to the makefile, or is something
else likely necessary to get it to work on the DECstations.  I guess
the general question I'm asking is: what has to be done to port a
program from Intel Redhat Linux 5.1 to mipsel Redhat?

Doug