RM300 ?

To: "'linux-mips@fnet.fr'" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: RM300 ?
From: Aivo Kalu <Aivo.Kalu@mfa.ee>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 22:21:58 +0200
Return-receipt-to: Aivo Kalu <Aivo.Kalu@mfa.ee>
Hello

MFA of Estonia currently possesses an Siemens Nixdorf RM300 box, with a
R4600/R4400 processor. It currently runs SINIX V5.42, but I personally
dislike this old UNIX and would love to run modern Linux on it.

By checking the http://lena.fnet.fr/, I fount to my dissappointment, that
linux/MIPS doesn't yet run on it. Could you please tell me, if there is a
big difference between RM200 and RM300 or is the difference in cards ?

I think we cannot lend you the machine to port Linux to it, but I think I
could help you in some other ways (ftp mirror, testing the port, ...). Is
there anything I could do for helping the RM300 ?

Aivo Kalu, network administrator, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ravala pst. 9, Tallinn, 15049, Estonia
aivo@vm.ee, phone +372 6317339, fax +372 6137123