Re: Fw: Trouble in booting my DECstation 5000/260

To: Karel van Houten <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Trouble in booting my DECstation 5000/260
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 17:42:52 +0100 (IST)
Cc: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hi,

oops .. wrong driver I specified :-).... it requires my version of
declance.c to work for the Ethernet .. the oops is caused by some memory
allocation not done, to get around the oops you can just take the
lance_init from my declance.c (sent to list a while back) and it should
then boot without the oops ..

Dave.

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Karel van Houten wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Houten K.H.C. van (Karel) wrote:
> >
> > > Hagen has problems with his 260. It seems to panic during bootp.
> > > Has anyone seen this before? Or even has a hint for a solution?
> >
> > [snipped most of boot messages]
> >
> > > eth0: IOASIC onboard LANCE, addr = 08:00:2b:39:bb:25, irq = 3
> > > eth1: PMAD-AA, addr = 08:00:2b:3c:95:7f, irq = 5
> > > Sending BOOTP requests...<1>Unable to handle kernel paging request at
> > > virtual
> > > address 00000000, epc == 8010837c, ra == 801090b8
> >
> > Karel do you have the System.map from that kernel and which functions
> > these addresses indicate? Unplugging the PMAD to see if that works would
> > be a first workaround I try.
>
> Mmm. I'm afraid a can't reproduce the System.map. That reminds me
> that I should upload a System.map file together with kernel binaries.
>
> When there is a reason to upgrade the binaries, I'll will upload the
> maps too. I'm hoping Harald can integrate Dave SCSI support. I would like
> to see my TC SCSI card working, as well as the 2100/3100 onboard SCSI.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Karel van Houten

> The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better."
> I can't understand why it won't work on my Linux computer.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \