g++ compiler

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: g++ compiler
From: MIPS <mips@cognito.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:26:55 +0100 (BST)
I have been successfully using the gcc 2.7.2 i386 hosted MIPS cross
compiler from ftp.linux.sgi.com to port Linux to a proprietary MIPS-based
device.

Looking ahead, I may need a C++ compiler to build applications for the
device, for which I assume I can use g++ 2.7.2. However, I can't seem to
find a libstdc++ on the ftp site. Is it simply a case of recompiling the
library
using the cross-compiler? Has anyone successfully done this?

Sorry for such a basic question, I'm quite new to this.

Matt Goss-Custard
Cognito Ltd.