Re: Booting 5000/240 from disk...

To: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Subject: Re: Booting 5000/240 from disk...
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 12:46:39 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
On 28-May-99 Houten K.H.C. van (Karel) wrote:
> I think you might be right that it is a buggy prom.

Hmmm, I'm not shure anymore. This might be the same problem Michael is
experiencing. Karel, what source tree are you using?

If you are using the CVS soure tree, have you applied r2300_patch?

If you're still having older source trees, for example 2.1.121, do they
work?

> On the 150, the kernel even detects the disk and its NetBSD partitions
> correctly, but fails on mounting NFS root. I'm afraid the mainboard
> is broken.

Karel, I forgot to mention, after recognising that your patch for using
NetBSD partitions and the code for OSF partitions in genhd.c were nearly
identical I simply made support for OSF partitions a config option.

Fellow hackers, if you want to be able to access NetBSD partitions on your
DECstations just enable support for OSF partitions :-).
---
Regards,
Harald