Re: Sources for XFree86 FBDev (MIPSEB)

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: Sources for XFree86 FBDev (MIPSEB)
From: "Vladimir A. Roganov" <roganov@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:59:50 +0400
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: vladimir@niisi.msk.ru
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 02:34:22PM +0400, Vladimir A. Roganov wrote:
>
> > We are urgently looking for Xserver situable for our Baget video card.
> > Curiously, it properly works only in TrueColor mode, (32bpp => cfb32
> > driver), so we are unable to use old 'XFree86-FBDev-3.3.2.8.mipseb.rpm'
> > distributed by SGI due it has support only for cfb8.
>
> Oh, all that server was afaik never tested on real hardware, so :-)))
> I just built it because it was easy and I was assuming that it's going
> to be ``obviously'' correct.

Already tested -- it works !!!  So, thanks a lot.

Unfortunatly, our video card has inverted order of bytes, so we see any
four sequencial pixels in reversed order.

> > We are trying to recompile Xserver from sources, but it looks we need
> > some mips-specific patch: we have got a various errors during compilation.
> > But SRPM downloaded from SGI does not contain it as we expected.
> > We have applied tiny patch located at SGI /src subdirectory, but it
> > looks we need something else...
>
> The SRPM at SGI should really contain the necessary patch.  If there
> isn't a *-mips* file in it something strange has happend.

Okey.  We will looking for proper package...

> > If anybody has such patch or SRPM for FBDev server, please inform us !
> > If anybody will rebuild FBDev for MIPSEB, preparing regular package,
> > _please_ include support for recent modes: cfb16 and cfb32.
>
> My Origin doesn't have gfx, so don't hold your breath.  Yeah, Linxu/Origin!
>
>  Ralf

Oh, hardware evaluates so rapidly...  New Baget has two PMC video cards :-)

Thanks,
Vladimir.