Re: Sources for XFree86 FBDev (MIPSEB)

To: "Vladimir A. Roganov" <roganov@niisi.msk.ru>
Subject: Re: Sources for XFree86 FBDev (MIPSEB)
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 21:08:16 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 02:34:22PM +0400, Vladimir A. Roganov wrote:

> We are urgently looking for Xserver situable for our Baget video card.
> Curiously, it properly works only in TrueColor mode, (32bpp => cfb32
> driver), so we are unable to use old 'XFree86-FBDev-3.3.2.8.mipseb.rpm'
> distributed by SGI due it has support only for cfb8.

Oh, all that server was afaik never tested on real hardware, so :-)))
I just built it because it was easy and I was assuming that it's going
to be ``obviously'' correct.

> We are trying to recompile Xserver from sources, but it looks we need
> some mips-specific patch: we have got a various errors during compilation.
> But SRPM downloaded from SGI does not contain it as we expected.
> We have applied tiny patch located at SGI /src subdirectory, but it
> looks we need something else...

The SRPM at SGI should really contain the necessary patch.  If there
isn't a *-mips* file in it something strange has happend.

> If anybody has such patch or SRPM for FBDev server, please inform us !
> If anybody will rebuild FBDev for MIPSEB, preparing regular package,
> _please_ include support for recent modes: cfb16 and cfb32.

My Origin doesn't have gfx, so don't hold your breath.  Yeah, Linxu/Origin!