Sources for XFree86 FBDev (MIPSEB)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Sources for XFree86 FBDev (MIPSEB)
From: "Vladimir A. Roganov" <roganov@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:34:22 +0400
Sender: vladimir@niisi.msk.ru
Hi All,

We are urgently looking for Xserver situable for our Baget video card.
Curiously, it properly works only in TrueColor mode, (32bpp => cfb32
driver),
so we are unable to use old 'XFree86-FBDev-3.3.2.8.mipseb.rpm'
distributed by SGI
due it has support only for cfb8.

We are trying to recompile Xserver from sources, but it looks we need
some
mips-specific patch: we have got a various errors during compilation.
But SRPM downloaded from SGI does not contain it as we expected.
We have applied tiny patch located at SGI /src subdirectory, but it
looks
we need something else...

If anybody has such patch or SRPM for FBDev server, please inform us !
If anybody will rebuild FBDev for MIPSEB, preparing regular package,
_please_ include support for recent modes: cfb16 and cfb32.

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir.