Re: SRPMs for r3k cross development on i386

Subject: Re: SRPMs for r3k cross development on i386
From: Karsten Merker <>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 01:45:50 +0200
Gleb O. Raiko wrote:

> Unfortunately, SRPMs on bolug lack some features: binutils doesn't
> contain r3k patch (there is no way to get working kernel for r3k without
> the patch),

I cannot follow you in this point: I am of course using the packages from myself and I have compiled all the kernels for my
DECstation 5000/20 with it. The 5000/20 is a 20MHz R3000 (little endian).
Is there a difference between big and little endian machines with respect
to this?

> egcs isn't compiled on RH6.0 due to stupid new 'features' in
> latest makeinfo. Thus, I had to repackage both and if somebody
> interested I may send spec files, but for big-endian mips.

Yes, I am interested. What in detail is the problem with the new makeinfo
(I do not yet have RH6.0 installed)?

#include <standard_disclaimer>