Re: New DECStation root image

To: "Douglas S. Meade" <>
Subject: Re: New DECStation root image
From: Dave Airlie <>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 21:02:49 +0100 (IST)
Cc: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <>,
> 3. fdisk, cfdisk, vipw and several other commands don't work.  It's
> interesting that they don't always give the same error message.  For
> example, I tried fdisk several times.  I got one of the three messages:
> Bus error, Segmentation fault, or Illegal instruction.  Which one seems
> to be random, but it's mostly Segfault.  I've never observed this on
> Intel/Linux.  Usually if a program segfaults once, it always does.

This sounds like the wrong optimisations on the commands from util-linux,
I hope to get an rpm out RSN (early next week, I'll start my decstation
compiling it now... :-) ), which will replace all those binaries ..

------------ David Airlie,,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \