Re: SRPMs for r3k cross development on i386

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SRPMs for r3k cross development on i386
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <raiko@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:20:43 +0400
Hello,

Richard van den Berg wrote:

> Hello Gleb,
>
> On Tue, 18 May 1999, Gleb O. Raiko wrote:
>
> > Could somebody tell me location of gcc and binutils SRPMs for MIPS cross
> > development on i386 ? I need gcc with Harald specs patch and binutils
> > with my r3k patch. Looking at DECstation resources I was able to find
> > native egcs and binutils SRPMS only.
>
> Following is also online at
> http://web.inter.nl.net/users/schnecke/mips/howto.html
> If you want cross gcc you might try links at http://lena.fnet.fr/
>
> Regards,
> Richard
>
>      * Get a crosscompiling environment from
>        ftp://bolug.uni-bonn.de/mips/. You'll find cross-egcs and
>        cross-binutils there.

Unfortunately, SRPMs on bolug lack some features: binutils doesn't
contain r3k patch (there is no way to get working kernel for r3k without
the patch), egcs isn't compiled on RH6.0 due to stupid new 'features' in
latest makeinfo. Thus, I had to repackage both and if somebody
interested I may send spec files, but for big-endian mips.

Regards,
Gleb.