Re: patch for pmaz_esp support

To: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Subject: Re: patch for pmaz_esp support
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 19:31:01 +0100 (IST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
No I think it should work.. the config section I just took from the
previous line and it looks like the standard SCSI config.in,

I am a bit dodgy about the if (TURBOCHANNEL) in the pmaz_esp_detect
function, this does a search_tc_card for PMAZ-AA, does this work in the
IOASIC boxes right? i.e. is the internal SCSI on the IOASIC boxes known as
PMAZ-AA?

Dave.

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Houten K.H.C. van (Karel) wrote:

> Dave Airlie writes:
> >
> >     Please find attached the diff for the PMAZ-AA non-IOASIC
> >Turbochannel SCSI adapter :-) ... it doesn't fully work, and I'm still
> >dodgy about parts of it particularly anywhere I use the KSEG macros,
> >
> >The diff is against my cvs tree of today, so you may need to read over the
> >diff before applying it as I think I see a few spurious wbflush things ..
> >

> Hi Dave,
>
> Without applying your patch yet (I'm still busy getting a correct kernel
> image from the CVS sources), but from looking at it, it seems that
> you make the choice of SCSI card a three-state. Isn't it possible to
> include support for all 3 types simultaniously?
> It would be very nice to have one boot kernel working for all R[23]000 based
> systems.
>
> Regards,
> Karel.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \