Re: patch for pmaz_esp support

To: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Subject: Re: patch for pmaz_esp support
From: "Houten K.H.C. van (Karel)" <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 19:11:52 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com
Dave Airlie writes:

>       Please find attached the diff for the PMAZ-AA non-IOASIC
>Turbochannel SCSI adapter :-) ... it doesn't fully work, and I'm still
>dodgy about parts of it particularly anywhere I use the KSEG macros,
>
>The diff is against my cvs tree of today, so you may need to read over the
>diff before applying it as I think I see a few spurious wbflush things ..

Hi Dave,

Without applying your patch yet (I'm still busy getting a correct kernel
image from the CVS sources), but from looking at it, it seems that
you make the choice of SCSI card a three-state. Isn't it possible to
include support for all 3 types simultaniously?
It would be very nice to have one boot kernel working for all R[23]000 based
systems.

Regards,
Karel.