Re: DS5000/200 bootup log + SCSI looks good :-)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000/200 bootup log + SCSI looks good :-)
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 19:37:35 +0100 (IST)
On Tue, 18 May 1999, Karel van Houten wrote:

> Congrats! Thats looks promising! Do you know if your disks contain a
> partition table at all? The boot kernels on my website do contain some
> extended partition-table detection code, so they should be able to find
> more partition-tables, and they will report what type of table they find.
>
> Regards,
> Karel.

http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/mips/msgs2.txt

I've added your patch, and it detects similiar to NetBSD which is
installed on the second drive, the first disk gives me no partition tables
errors under NetBSD also (perhaps because it has no partition table :-)

So anyone got an fdisk binary that doesn't segfault? the one installed by
default core dumps all over the place, and the one I've just compiled from
util-linux seems to enjoy doing the same thing ....

I get this feel my binaries don't like me !!..

Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \