Re: DS5000/200 bootup log + SCSI looks good :-)

To: airlied@csn.ul.ie (Dave Airlie)
Subject: Re: DS5000/200 bootup log + SCSI looks good :-)
From: Karel van Houten <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 18:56:17 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hi Dave,

>       I think I've gotten SCSI nearly cracked, I may need a tutorial or
> pointer to some info on MIPS memory addressing (all that KSEG stuff
> confuses me :-), but you can find a bootup sequence from my DS5000/200 at
>
> http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/mips/msgs.txt
>
> I now detect SCSI card, sense drives, and get drive sizes, the unknown
> partition table is due to something missing from my kernel but it looks a
> lot better than it did :-)

Congrats! Thats looks promising! Do you know if your disks contain a
partition table at all? The boot kernels on my website do contain some
extended partition-table detection code, so they should be able to find
more partition-tables, and they will report what type of table they find.

Regards,
Karel.