Re: DS5000/25

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000/25
From: "Douglas S. Meade" <sartoris@info.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 16:16:32 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "Houten K.H.C. van" <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Hi Karel,

Any more progress with the DS5000/25 yet?  I'm still able only
to get into maintenance mode by commenting out all lines in
/etc/fstab.  I suspect there is something wrong with the login
binary, but I also had no luck with one that Karsten Merker sent
me.  Also, how can I create a non-root user and issue a password?
There seems to be no passwd executable in the root filesystem,
and vipw seg faults on my machine.  Same result when I use fdisk.

Thanks for any time you can spare on this.

Doug