Re: linux on sinix rm400

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: linux on sinix rm400
From: Florian Laws <florian@void.s.bawue.de>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 00:28:43 +0200
On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 11:29:50AM +0200, Jürgen Sandner wrote:
> Is there still work in progress on porting linux to mips platforms?
> We have about 100 RM400/10 from SNI, whith we would like to run under LINUX.
> Your web site says there is a good chance that this platform will be
> supported.

How old are your RM400/10s?

I have an 8 years old RM400/05 here are I would really like to get
Linux running on it.

Here are some technical data:

Siemens RM400/05,
Processor: MIPS R3000A + R3010A Coproc
32MB RAM
2x1,5GB Harddisk,
Floppy,
some strange Kind of Streamer,
SCSI onboard, Differential SCSI support (could be NCR 52C200)
Ethernet onboard (Intel Ethernet chipset, i guess)
(see chip list below)
7 ISA Slots

The problem is, I have _no_ documentation on the hardware,
I have only the docu that comes with a SINIX V5.41 B 10
system CDROM.

Therefore, please accept my apologies for the rather long
chip list below, perhaps somebody can identify some of the
components and tell me if they can be supported by Linux/MIPS.

Thanks,

Florian

And here the labels on some of the major chips on the mainboard:

(CPU):          SIEMENS SAB-
                        R3000A-33-AE
                        S10420890R              126682
                        (M)(C) MIPS '89         146