Re: login problem in declinux-root ??

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: login problem in declinux-root ??
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 11:43:32 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi Dave,

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Dave Airlie wrote:

> Hi,
>       Previously I installed the decroot from the ftp site, and I
> upgraded had to re-compile login, and then I was allowed telnet to the
> machine, I since lost my tree and I today tried the same thing login still
> doesn't work after a recompile ..

I had to recompile login too.

> Anyone any ideas on this one? or a login that works, also does it happen a
> lot or is it only certain installs?

Well, my 'fstab hack' is the only way I've ever been able to telnet to
the box and I automated correct mounting in that part of rc.sysconfig
and fire up inetd. I guess, I have to rewrite rc.sysconfig in order to
see what is teesing me. Even making /sbin/init a symlink to rc.sysconfig
doesn't make things work ok, the 'fstab hack' works again, a correct
fstab and the box is unreachable. :-(

Regards,
Richard