Re: question about the CVS tree,

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: question about the CVS tree,
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 09:12:35 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Harald,

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> >> I wouldn't rush yet for R[23]000 based DEC's as I couldn't produce a
> >> working kernel like Harald described.
> >>

> Thanks for bringing me back on the floor, guys. Yes, some things have
> changed indeed.
>
> To build an ECOFF kernel, which can be booted via TFTP or via Ultrixboot
> you have to type "make boot" and you'll find vmlinux.ecoff in
> arch/mips/boot. Yes, elf2ecoff has been hacked to work for DECstations too
> :-). addinitrd unfortunately does not work. No initrd at the moment.

DECstation Linux howto at
http://www.inter.nl.net/users/schnecke/mips/howto.html is accordingly
changed. For now I guess I don't need initrd, perhaps in the future to
boot the 5000/133 from flop, but for now I like this :-) :

KN02-CA V2.0m
1201984+0+119696
This DECstation is a Personal DS5000/xx
CPU revision is: 00000230
Instruction cache 64kb
Data cache 64kb
Linux version 2.2.1 (mips@schnecke) (gcc version 2.7.2) #1 Thu May 6 22:40:46
CEST 1999
Calibrating delay loop... 24.77 BogoMIPS
Memory: 14668k/16380k available (1048k kernel code, 404k data)

Regards,
Richard