Re: question about the CVS tree,

To: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: question about the CVS tree,
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@gnu.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 17:53:46 +0200
On Thu, May 06, 1999 at 03:39:26PM +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:

>       What is the best method of retreiving stuff from the CVS tree, is
> there an anonymous pserver method or if not how do I do it over FTP,
>
> I want to keep track of the DEC patches from Harald essentially without
> have to download the whole tree each time ...

Below the anonymous CVS fragment of the FAQ.

Cheers,

  Ralf

  4.2.  Anonymous CVS servers.

  For those who always want to stay on the bleeding edge and want to
  avoid having to download patch files or full tarballs we also have an
  anonymous CVS server.  Using CVS you can checkout the Linux/MIPS
  source tree with the following commands:

     cvs -d :pserver:cvs@linus.linux.sgi.com:/cvs login
     (Only needed the first time you use anonymous CVS, the password is "cvs")
     cvs -d :pserver:cvs@linus.linux.sgi.com:/cvs co <repository>

  where you insert linux, libc, or gdb for <repository>.

  The other important CVS archive of the Linux community is
  vger.rutgers.edu where a lot of code is being collected before being
  sent to Linus for distribution.  Although vger itself no longer offers
  anonymous access, there are mirror sites which do provide anonymous
  access.  For details how to access them see
  <http://cvs.on.openprojects.net/>.  The modules which are of interest
  are ``linux'', ``modutils'', ``pciutils'', ``netutils''.