Re: question about the CVS tree,

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: question about the CVS tree,
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 17:13:56 +0200 (MET DST)
On Thu, 6 May 1999, Dave Airlie wrote:

>       What is the best method of retreiving stuff from the CVS tree, is
> there an anonymous pserver method or if not how do I do it over FTP,

>From the Linux MIPS HOWTO (I don't know if it's yet online beside the cvs
server as module faq, but you can review this part online at
http://www.inter.nl.net/schnecke/mips/howto.html):

   4.2 Anonymous CVS servers.

          For those who always want to stay on the bleeding edge and want
          to avoid having to download patch files or full tarballs we
          also have an anonymous CVS server. Using CVS you can checkout
          the Linux/MIPS source tree with the following commands:

   cvs -d :pserver:cvs@linus.linux.sgi.com:/cvs login

          (Only needed the first time you use anonymous CVS, the password
          is "cvs")

   cvs -d :pserver:cvs@linus.linux.sgi.com:/cvs co <repository>

          where you insert linux, libc, gdb or faq for <repository>.

          The other important CVS archive of the Linux community is
          vger.rutgers.edu where a lot of code is being collected before
          being sent to Linus for distribution. Although vger itself no
          longer offers anonymous access, there are mirror sites which do
          provide anonymous access. For details how to access them see
          http://cvs.on.openprojects.net/. The modules which are of
          interest are "linux", "modutils", "pciutils", "netutils".

> I want to keep track of the DEC patches from Harald essentially without
> have to download the whole tree each time ...

I wouldn't rush yet for R[23]000 based DEC's as I couldn't produce a
working kernel like Harald described.

Regards,
Richard