Re: DECStation Blues

To: <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Re: DECStation Blues
From: "C J Rice" <cjrice@cdc.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 15:12:46 -0400
Thanks for all the information.  My DECStation 3100 appears to be working
through the monitor and keyboard (not the serial port).  It is trying to
mount the file system on the intel based linux box.  How do you export a
file system on the intel box so that the mips box can see it and mount it ?
Unix mount command and I are not on good terms.  Also, I suspect the
firmware in my DECstation has the problem mentioned earlier (can't tftp an
image greater than 1MB).  This is based on the tftp error "disk full" I am
getting.  Apparently it is loading enough to at lease try and mount the file
system on the intel box.  So, I will go further.  If the 1mb size limitation
is real, guess I will have to fire up VMS and use mop.

Thanks