Re: DECStation Blues

To: <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Re: DECStation Blues
From: "C J Rice" <cjrice@cdc.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:54:01 -0400
Actually, I am running a boot image built from linux-2_2_1-dec.tar with
mipsel-cross-binutils-2_8_1-1_i386.rpm and
mipsel-cross-egcs-1_0_2-1_i386.rpm.  And, it still does not work.  I enter
the setenv console 8 and then boot -f tftp() "console=ttyS3 single rw" and
all I get are the 3 lines on the DECStatio head.  No action on either serial
port.  Sure is an odd thing to set console to (eight).  Should I try the
release you referenced?  Are you aware of specific differences in source to
explain this behavior?  The MMJ cable that I am using has worked for other
uses, so I don't suspect it.

On a related note, what is the pinout for the DECStation 5000 so that I can
give one of them a whirl?  Don't have any connectors for a keyboard / mouse.

Again, thanks

JEFF