Re: DECStation Blues

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECStation Blues
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:49:49 +0200 (MEST)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi,

On 27-Apr-99 C J Rice wrote:
> I was booting via the console on the monitor / keyboard.  Once I tried a
> the
> console= it just seems to hang (i.e. no more info on the monitor after a
> point).  If I am lucky, it is spewing out a serial port happily waiting
> for
> input.

Ah, that makes things clearer. Serial console is the only console device
supported actually. So you definitely need to connect a terminal or
whatever to one of the serial ports. Sorry, I don't know which one. Maybe
Tom or Dave can comment on that. And please make shure to activate "DZ11
Serial Support" and "Support for console on serial port" while configuring
your kernel.

Hope this helps.
---
Regards,