Re: DS5000/25

Subject: Re: DS5000/25
From: Matt Foster <>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:37:20 +0100 (BST)
Hi all,

Things continue to go well, (INN nearly working - just lack of compile
time).  I've taken my life in my hands today and built a cross-compile
environment Digital Unix 4.0D -> Alpha-Linux to see how much is needed
to get the TC stuff working for the TC based Alphas.  I've got a 3000/300LX
which is tired of running NetBSD :).  My gut reaction is to start with
2.2.6 and load the TC stuff up into that as 2.2.1-dec seems to be
rather broken on Alpha (pc_keyb stuff conflicts).  Does anyone have
a 'tree' suitable for trying this out on?  (Fix 2.2.1-dec? start with 2.2.6?)
Doubtless I shall find the code is all beautifully 64 bit clean and it's
an easy job :-).

Whilst I'm on the subject (or another subject actually), I've started to
write up some of my Linux experiences and put them up at  OK it's the scribblings of a mad-man
at the moment, but as they say, documentation is like sex........

And I haven't really got to grips with the Star Office html writer yet.

Keep up the good work.