RE: patch happy madness (DS 5000/200, setup.c)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: patch happy madness (DS 5000/200, setup.c)
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:19:06 +0100 (IST)
> > add it to whatever tree is needed .. :-) ..
> >
> > The DS5000/200 now boots, sends a bootp request, receives the reply
> > (i.e. the interrupt handler works) ...
> > and then does
>
> Excellent job, Dave!
>
> I tend to disagree to the first half of your patch but the second one is
> obviously right. Dave, could you please check if
> works as well?

This works as well .... I put in the first half to have the ints in the
same order as the IRQ nums ..

> [bug report]
> > So kmem_cache_grow is the spot, any pointers or ideas or shall I just
> > keep hacking?
>
> Strange, I tried to reproduce that here but everything works fine.
> What filesystems have you compiled in?

just ext2fs + nfs, do I need more?
If I remove the ramdisk code I send the mount command to my server and
then I die in udp_rcv with a similiar bus error,

I'll take another look over the weekend, see what I can see ..

Dave.

> ---
> Regards,
> Harald

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \