Re: DS5000/25

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS5000/25
From: Matt Foster <matt@molnir.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:37:37 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

Thanks to all who have made suggestions.  I've now got
the system working well.  Things that had to be
rebuilt for the root image were: login, passwd
vipw, more, cfdisk (couldn't get fdisk to build
it barfed on bsddisklable stuff) and mkswap.
I left the system building the kernel overnight
(DS5000/25 w 40MB and some ancient RZ25).  It took
3 hours 1 minute and three seconds.

Does anyone know how to reset the system clock on
the DS5000?  Every time I boot I loose about 400 days.
netdate won't compile, xntpd at least managed to build
ntpdate, but ntpdate won't sync against molnir.  (I think
it thinks molnir is stratum 16).  Just resetting the hardware
clock from the boot prom would do, I can work getting ntp working
but 400 odd days is a bit much ........

Keep up the good work.

Matt