Re: DS5000/25

To: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Subject: Re: DS5000/25
From: "Douglas S. Meade" <sartoris@umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:12:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Karsten Merker wrote:

> For a serial terminal I have the same problem: serial console in single
> user mode works, but I have not yet succeeded in starting a getty on the
> serial port in multiuser mode.
> Telnet should work, at least as far that you get issue.net printed on your
> screen. If you get a "connection refused" afterwards this is because of a
> problem with /bin/login. In this case I can send you a working one, if you
> want.

Yes, I'm using a serial console on ttyS0.  Of course, I'd like to try
your /bin/login.  What's the best way to send it?: E-mail attachment,
or do you have an FTP location?

> > Kernel 2.2.1 on a mips
> > Connection closed by foreign host
>
> This seems to be the /bin/login-problem mentioned before.

Thanks for the help,

Doug

P.S. - I'll be away on a trip to Germany for two weeks, so if you don't
hear from me, it doesn't mean I've lost interest!