Re: Diff for Lance for PMAD card (still doesn't work)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Diff for Lance for PMAD card (still doesn't work)
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:00:19 +0200 (MET DST)
Hello Dave,

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Dave Airlie wrote:

>       I've attached a diff that gets the PMAD card in my DS 5000/200 to
> avoid crashing, the memory scheme for the PMAD and DS5000/200 use a
> contiguous block so memcpy can be used, (netbsd use their bcopy),

That sounds reasonable, yes the PMAD's have 128 kB on-board memory.

> This doesn't get the card working properly, but the diff is needed to stop
> a null pointer dereference, the card still doesn't put anything on the
> wire or get anything from it...

That sounds pretty familiar before Harald got the PMAX-LANCE working.

> So has anyone any ideas where to go from here, I'm a bit dodgy about the
> init_block gap schemes and how necessary it is on the DS5000_200
> architecture, I may play around with moving some gaps ..

Well the gap scheme has to be set according to the TURBOchannel dma
datatransfer scheme... The PMAX version is set up according the IOASIC
scheme, which needs the sucking pointer array set-up. Perhaps ask Harald
what he smoked when he got the PMAX-LANCE working, I gave up smoking.

Regards,
Richard