RE: serial console corruption

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: serial console corruption
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:50:24 +0100 (IST)

> These machines are considerably slower than your /200 an it may happen that
> you need to insert some delay()'s or that the writeback buffer becomes
> visible. In that case you need to insert some wbflush()'es at strategic
> places.

good call, in the dz_console_put_char there was a

int loops = 1000;

the console writing code spins waiting for the bit to be set on the serial
port,

I've changed it to 3000 for my decstation,  and it now works, however I
persume this is not how it should be done,

I should be able to get it to work for any decstation easily enough from
the processor speed info...

Dave.

> ---
> Regards,
> Harald

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \