question about int-handler.S

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: question about int-handler.S
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:01:54 +0100 (IST)
Hi,
        I know nothing about mips assembly, I'm just try to find a bug by
asking silly questions :-)

The piece of code below is from int-handler.S,
on line 7 below (b find_int) does this jump unconditionally to find_int?
because if it does what is the and for afterwards as surely it will never
get processed...

1:   EXPORT(kn02_io_int)
2:kn02_io_int:    lui     t0,0xbff0               # get interrupt status
and mask
3:                lw      t0,(t0)
4:                la      t1,asic_mask_tbl
5:                move    t3,t0
6:                sll     t3,16                   # shift interrupt status
7:                b       find_int
8:                 and    t0,t3                   # mask out allowed ones

9:                EXPORT(kn03_io_int)

If the question is silly sorry!!

Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \