serial console corruption

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: serial console corruption
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:13:41 +0100 (IST)
Hi,
        I've gotten Linux 2.2.1-dec + my patches starting up on a
DS5000/200 as far as a root mount, however my serial console is horrible
corrupted, if I leave in the second printout through the prom the kernel
messages are readable from that, but still the serial direct ones are
crappy ..
note in the excerpt below how the second lines are always corrupted, these
are the lines printed by the serial driver, while the first lines are the
ones from the prom,

Does this happen on all Decstations or is just mine, i.e. is someone else
fixing this or have it fixed?

Dave.

ttyS01 at 0xbfe00000 (irq = 4)
tyS01 at 0xbfe00000 (rq = 4)
ttyS02 at 0xbfe00000 (irq = 4)
ttS02 at 0xbfe00000 (iq = 4)
ttyS03 at 0xbfe00000 (irq = 4)
tyS03 at 0xbfe00000 irq = 4)
RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 4096K size
RM disk driver initiaized:  16 RAM disks f 4096K size
scsi : 0 hosts.
ssi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detected csi : detected total.
ttal.
declance.c: v0.008 by Linux Mips DECstation task force
dclance.c: v0.008 by inux Mips DECstationtask force
eth0: PMAD-AA, addr = eh0: PMAD-AA, addr = 08:0800:002b:b:1c:1:50:5052,52
irq =3
irq = 3
Sending BOOTP requests...Snding BOOTP requests...................... timed
out!
timed out!
IP-Config: Auto-configuration of network failed.
I-Config: Auto-configration of network faled.
Scheduling in interrupt
Sheduling in interrup

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \