Re: Linux DECstation

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux DECstation
From: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:34:18 +0100 (IST)
Well at the moment I have the exact same box, I've sent a couple of
patches to the list in the last few days to apply to the dec kernel on the
ftp site, I've also gotten patches to the Ethernet driver sitting on my
machine at the moment, but although they are needed they don't make it
work yet :-) ..

Dave.

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Guillaume ALEXANDRE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was gaven a DECstation 5000/200 recently and i'm very interested in
> using Linux with it. Could you please tell me what is the current
> state of the porting and what i can do to help.
>
> I'm an hardware engineer but I've already patched driver portions
> of the linux i386 sources... I have also a few knowledge about
> cross-developpement.
>

> Thank you for your informations,
>
> Regards
>
> Guillaume ALEXANDRE
> --
>   ____
>  |    |     Guillaume ALEXANDRE
>  |    |       Design Engineer
>  |    |
>  |    | _____  ____________  _____  _____
>  Gespac S.A.         | http://www.gespac.ch
>  chemin des Aulx 18    http://www.gespac.com
>  1228 Geneva           tel: +41 (0)22 706 21 00
>  Switzerland           Fax: +41 (0)22 794 64 77

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied   -- Telecommunications Researcher      \