RE: patch for dz.c on DecStation 5000/200

To: Dave Airlie <>
Subject: RE: patch for dz.c on DecStation 5000/200
From: Harald Koerfgen <>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:05:38 +0200 (MEST)

On 10-Apr-99 Dave Airlie wrote:
> Hi,
>       I've attached a patch to dz.c from the 2.2.1-dec kernel that
> allows the Linux serial console to work on a Decstation 5000/200,
> However the lines I have added were taken from further up the serial
> code
> and I am unsure of their correctness, i.e. they work on my decstation,
> but
> might break other peoples,

I don't think so. Obviously this is "the right thing to do[TM]".

Just beeing curious, are the onboard ethernet and scsi controllers
detected as "PMAZ-AA" and "PMAD-AA" by the Turbochannel detection?

> Now for the rest of the kernel :-)

drivers/net/declance.c might be a good start. You'll need to set up the
pointer arrays in dec_lance_init() and probably need to modify cp_to_buf()
and cp_from_buf() for your memory layout. Shouldn't be too complicated.

Happy hacking.