Re: DECstation bootloader

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation bootloader
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:43:03 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
On 31-Mar-99 Houten K.H.C. van (Karel) wrote:
> Warner Losh wrote:
>
>> NetBSD/pmax's boot blocks will boot ELF, ECOFF and a.out kernels from
>> ufs partitions.
>
> I tried the ELF kernel, and it did start the (linux) loader, but did NOT
> start the kernel itself.

Does that mean you're seeing a "This DECstation is a 5000/2x0" message and
then nothing?

If so, we're in excellent shape. That simply means that the NetBSD
bootloader passes the command line parameters in a different way than the
PROM. Please change "#undef PROM_DEBUG" to "#define PROM_DEBUG" in
arch/mips/dec/prom/cmdline.c, look what happens and change
"prom_init_cmdline" accordingly.

Happy hacking.
---
Regards,