Re: MIPS Magnum update

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MIPS Magnum update
From: Mat Kovach <mkovach@alpha.theshagster.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1999 02:41:18 -0500
On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 01:30:29PM -0500, Ryan Rafferty wrote:
:
: However, after the "freeing unused memory" and "mounting root" messages
: the boot process halts without starting INIT.  I believe that is because I
: am using the old root-2 disk image plus some older RPMS for a boot disk;
: am I correct in assuming that I need to update the root image for use with
: newer kernels?  If so, can I use the RPMS from
: intel.cleveland.lug.net:/pub/Mipsel/RPMS (compiled for the Cobalt Qube) or
: must I use the RPMS for DECStations?

The RPMS on intel.cleveland.lug.net should work in your case.  If any of them
don't please lets us, at the cleveland linux users group, know.  Although
they are built on the MIPS arch, we certainly want to make them work on
as many differnt mibsel archs as possible.

--
Mat Kovach                                            mkovach@mkovach.nacs.net
      This e-mail is brought to you by the letter gamma and number e