Re: Linux on an old Siemens RM400?

Subject: Re: Linux on an old Siemens RM400?
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:55:34 +0100
On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 09:55:42PM +0100, Florian Laws wrote:
> Pity I can get only one machine and I'd like to keep it for myself. ;-))

A loaner for some time (1-3 months, depends on docs and already available
Linux drivers for the hardware) to get the hard work done, would be enough.

> So I suppose I have to become a kind of kernel hacker myself.
> I hope it doesn't hurt too bad. ;-\

I prefer kernel hacking over user level stuff. It's the special kick to
know, that a wrong line of code can crash the system, burn the CPU and
toast every hard drive in the system:-))

> Is Siemens documentation _that_ comprehensive or didn't the salesmen realize
> what kind of docu I was asking for?

I would guess the salesmen couldn't imagine what type of documentation you're
looking for.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]