Re: [Re: Any sort of how-to for Linux on Magnum 4000pc?]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: [Re: Any sort of how-to for Linux on Magnum 4000pc?]
From: Gleb Raiko <glebraiko@netscape.net>
Date: 17 Mar 99 12:18:28 MET
ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> The Magnum is currently only supported in little endian mode.
> Supporting the big endian mode should be a quite easy project as much of >
the Indy code can be reused.  Somebody just needs to do it ...

I've made first try. It was unsuccessful for very simple reason: to boot and
debug the kernel you need to know addresses of prom procedures like printf and
Co. I even hacked RISC/os image to steal those addresses. Didn't help. :-(.
So, it's not that easy, if you haven't got a lot of docs on your Magnum.

Gleb.