To: Richard van den Berg <>
Subject: Re: FAQ
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:42:31 +0100
Cc: Torbjorn Gannholm <>,,,
On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 06:16:22PM +0100, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> An outdated linux-doc-sgml package has prevented me doing so, when updated
> I'll read it.

I'm using whatever RedHat 5.2's sgml-tools 1.0.7 but still observe some
problems.  There is for example a strange problem which prevents me from
generating GNU-info version.

> P.S. is cvs read-only possible at I've tried without
> succes getting a permission denied. Instead I've ftp'ed the cvs tree.

Yes, it's possible.  From the FAQ:

  4.2.  Anonymous CVS servers.

  For those who always want to stay on the bleeding edge and want to
  avoid having to download patch files or full tarballs we also have an
  anonymous CVS server.  Using CVS you can checkout the Linux/MIPS
  source tree with the following commands:

     cvs -d login
     (Only needed the first time you use anonymous CVS, the password is "cvs")
     cvs -d co <repository>

  where you insert linux, libc, or gdb for <repository>.