Mips Port - Xterminals?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Mips Port - Xterminals?
From: David_Wilkins@sonat.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 12:57:34 -0600
I have some old (7) X-Terminals from Tektronix.  They appear to be based on
the R4xxx chipset.  In your estimation, for a reasonably competent
C-Programmer, how long to make the MIPS port work on one of these?  I have
Linux i386 and love it, and would love to teach these X-Terminals how to be
real computers.  There is no harddrive, but it remote boots via TFTP or
NFS.

I understand that X-Free86 would be required for X-Windows, etc.  I would
like to know your opinion before twisting some arms to get the hardware
specs.

Thanx!
dhw