Re: Cross-gcc for mipsel-linux

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Cross-gcc for mipsel-linux
From: Ryan Sweet <ryan@end.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:02:40 -0800 (PST)
Is there a canonical source for how to go about building a cross compiler
for mipsel-linux?  I have tried gcc (it didn't like the -mcpu switch) I've
tried the rpms posted on theis list for egcs (they gave me the same error)
and I've tried an egcs 1.1.1 (it complains about -pipe not supported.

I can't seem to find a single page of instructions that agrees on what
versions/patches/processes should be used to build a proper
cross-compiler.  What's frustrating is that they all seem to work to s
apoitn, but none of them will build a kernel.

sorry to fill up the list, but I've checked the faq, which points me to
the precompiled gcc, which is the one that gives me the -mcpu error.

thanks for any help

-ryan

Ryan Sweet
ryan@end.org