Mounting NetBSD partitions on DECStation Linux

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Mounting NetBSD partitions on DECStation Linux
From: K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com (Karel van Houten)
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 18:50:59 +0100 (MET)
Cc: K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com (Houten K.H.C. van )
Hi all,

I've just patched up genhd.c in order to let it recognize
the NetBSD partition table. I have mounted NetBSD and Ultrix
partitions on Linux 2.2.1 (read-only, I don't trust the UFS
code yet).

Can anyone comment on the stability of the UFS code? Can
someone confirm that the ufstype of NetBSD is '44bsd', and
Ultrix is 'old'?

As soon as I've cleaned up my hacks, I'll post a patch.

Karel van Houten