Re: spoofing the kenel header...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: spoofing the kenel header...
From: Ryan Sweet <ryan@end.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 06:30:09 -0800 (PST)
Warner,

Thanks for your informative message.  Do I really need to boot an ecoff
image, however?  My box is not running CE at the time I load the linux
kernel.  It starts up with a very simple boot prom that knows just a few
things: 1) how to tftpboot if given an image name, an ip, and a server, 2)
it wants the image to contain a certain string in the kernel header.  On
my valid CE images, this string lies somewhere in the first 40 bytes.
Would the boot prom also care what executable format the image was in?

Ryan Sweet
ryan@end.org
http://the.end.org/ryan