Kernel support for R4600 MIPS

To: linux@engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Kernel support for R4600 MIPS
From: Russell E Glaue <RE-Glaue@wiu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:22:16 -0600 (CST)
Okay, I know that the R4600 (Deskstation Tyne) is supported in the Linux
Kernel.  I saw it in there while browsing around the MIPS ported code of
the latest Linux kernel.  I also know that Linux was once successfully
compiled for this processor in the 2.0.2x series.

Does anyone know if I will be able to successfully cross-compile a working
Linux kernel for the MIPS R4600 processor with the latest Linux source
code? I understand that support is not kept up, but is the existing code
still in a compilable state?