Re: FYI (part II)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: FYI (part II)
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 01:32:26 +0100
On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 08:09:51AM +0100, Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, Thomas. That's what I assumed when seeing
> that hard drives seem to work, but what about more character oriented
> SCSI devices? Scanners and tapes come to mind.

I have to correct myself. Even for disk io you will see allocations smaller
than 1k/4k. I've noticed that while debugging the dvma code for my Sun 3/80.
I guess the only assumption, which is still true for kernel only use is the
aligned. But I can think of a bad program, which uses scsi generic devices
and doesn't align scsi commands and data.

Thomas.

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]